[sugar] palettes on non-fullscreen windows

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Mon Mar 17 11:06:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  on non-fullscreen windows palettes does have problems since the code
>  seem to rely on gtk.gdk.screen_width() and gtk.gdk.screen_height(). For
>  example in dialog windows like the control-panel the palette can be
>  drawn outside the window (see attached screenshot).

I'm not sure that this is actually a problem.  As palettes act, in
effect, like contextual menus, there seems to be no reason that we'd
need to restrict them to the boundary of their parent window, except
perhaps aesthetic ones. I don't find this to be too bad, so let's take
the easy road for now and keep the behavior.

- Eben