[sugar] Memory allocation indicators

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar
Thu Mar 13 14:51:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 11:37 -0700, Kent Loobey wrote:
> I think the XO doesn't page since I think it doesn't have a swap file.  Is
> this incorrect?

That is essentially correct, but you weren't referring to swapping, were
you, when you said "one could divide the total available memory into
pages"?  Neither was I. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_%28computing%29

POSIX operating systems subdivide memory into pages regardless of
whether any swapping is going on.  Anyway, neither pages nor swapping is
relevant to the questions of displaying or limiting per-Activity memory
usage.

--Ben