[sugar] A Hello World that does it all?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Thu Mar 13 07:08:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Kent Loobey <kent at uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Is there a "Hello World" python example that includes all of the basic
>  XO/Sugar necessities, i.e., journalling, building, file storage, whatever?

Don't think so, if you are interested in completing the existing
content in the wiki, feel free to ask any questions in this mailing
list.

>  I am assuming that there are two ways to go with python at this point,
>  OLPCGames and OLPCGTK.  Is this right or are there other options?

Well, in principle you could use PyQT or whatever other toolkit or
libraries, but OLPC is currently putting more effort in PyGTK and
PyGames. If you use any library not included in the platform, you will
have to ship it inside your activity bundle.

Hope it helps,

Tomeu