[sugar] spreading activity bundle contents across the filesystem?

Jani Monoses jani
Thu Mar 13 03:55:01 EDT 2008

I understand that for security reasons, and unlike on typical unix
systems, activities are installed under one directory with all their
content included.

For emulation of sugar on regular boxes is there a way of scattering an
activity instead of installing it under a single directory? The Debian
policy for instance does not permit installing a .so under /usr/share
and several activities come with prebuilt shared objects.

I wonder if there's a simple enough change like an addition to a
sugar-specific search path that would allow this with minimal disruption?

thanks
Jani