[sugar] Browse's download progress/notification UI

Martin Dengler martin
Sun Mar 9 08:29:45 EDT 2008

Random UI feedback:

I saw some trac/wiki/IRC discussion where eben mentions the decisions
around non-modal dialogs and cites (among other things) the download
progress/notification UI in Browse.

Every time it comes up, I think: this UI is great.  It doesn't get in
my way but gives me valuable information about something I will act
on, at some point, in a way that best fits with the
I-might-interrupt-my-browsing-to-use-this-or-I-may-launch-from-the-journal-later
uncertainty/problem that Browse downloads present.

Nice little feature.  Only improvement might be some (temporary)
keybindings so one can even more quickly action the
switch-to-or-defer-til-later decision.

Martin