[sugar] Database Activity

7150 linux.1
Sat Mar 8 16:51:45 EST 2008

Ok, now that I have recovered from dyslexia, I find that I can access my
database through pysqlite from Pippy. I wrote a little Pippy program to
select various rows and it goes just fine. I can confidently take it to
the next level.

Except.

Norwegian requires ?, ?, and ? (lower case also). So, (1) the XO cannot
display those characters. And, (2) I don't see ? on the keyboard. The
other two characters are there.

If I can display, I can work for now.

Ultimately, I'll have to find a way to get the ? (uc and lc) from the
keyboard.

I checked the Control Panel WIKI page. That does not address character set.

I saw bug 3018 (fixed), Do I need a later build, joyride? I think I'm at
659.

This may go beyond UTF-8 and I may be at my road's end.

Thoughts?

---
http://www.litenverden.org