[sugar] Feedback item on new shell design (Make Journal integral to shell metaphor)

Gary C Martin gary
Mon Mar 3 12:51:41 EST 2008

I added this last week to the wiki, but just thought I should mail
this to the list incase no one is actually looking there :-) My input
so far is the mock-up image and the text about making the Journal a
core part of the shell metaphor, rather than the "I'm a non-standard
super activity type thing" that we currently have ? and look to still
have in the new designs (BTW: I think the whole switch about for
launching vs. already running is going to be a real usability
improvement).

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:Designs/Activity_Management

I'm sure there have been design wars over this in the past, but I seem
to have missed them...