[sugar] documentation effort for sugar api

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sat Jun 7 04:26:22 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 4:43 AM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:01 -0400, Faisal Anwar wrote:
>> Hi Tomeu,
>>
>> Thanks for your email and willingness to help. I'm prioritizing
>> getting something similar to the java almanac up and running, but if I
>> can get a substantial body of how to's completed in the next couple of
>> weeks, then I will prioritize working on the wikibot.
>> Best,
>
> Has anyone looked into this process yet? It seems like we could get
> epydoc running in a couple of hour.  Epydoc create structured .html
> pages from the docstrings in the source code.
>
> git-clone git://dev.laptop.org/sugar
> cd sugar
> mkdir -p html/api
> epydoc -v -o html/api src
> firefox html/api/index.html
>
> A little fine tuning and we should be able to put the contents of
> html/api on our server.

Do you want to give it a try? :) Bernie could give you shell access to
sugarlabs.org and we could do it there.

I think it's something we really need and as you say it's easy to setup.

Btw the interesting modules to document are actually sugar-toolkit and
sugar-base.

Marco