[sugar] Sugar mtg minutes, 5th June 2008

Simon Schampijer simon
Thu Jun 5 15:10:03 EDT 2008

Topics

* How can we improve the review process?
action item: unmadindu/cjb setup review board http://www.review-board.org/

1. Break your projects into small pieces that can be submitted for review
independently.  Submit for review as early as possible, by mailing list or
review-board site or whatever other mechanism.

More specific:
* preferred way if possible: 1. code a small part, 2. submit to review, 3. get into
joyride, 4. repeat
* not talking about: 1. code everything, 2. split in patches, 3. submit

2. If you want testing before review, make a topic build.

3. Some new tools will be needed to make topic builds easier to make.  (.img, .rpm,
and .deb)

* Bundlebuilder: how to create tarballs best to not include unintentional files.
We agreed to use an explicit MANIFEST but to provide tools to build it
automatically. homunqlus is going to work on a patch for this. We need to try and
freeze bundlebuilder to be able to include Develop in 8.2.

* How to announce a new release of an activity best?
Deferred to next week meeting and we will open an email thread in the meantime