[sugar] Moving to metacity with composition (was: Preparing for the feature freeze)

Jim Gettys jg
Thu Jun 5 11:38:30 EDT 2008

For composition to not eat memory (a full frame buffer's
worth/activity), the buried windows need to be "unmapped" in X parlance.
When a window is unmapped, X can free the contents of the window even
when composite is running (IIRC).

This may require some work in whatever window manager we decide on.
                             - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child