[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Tue Jun 3 05:59:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Priority 2.
>>
>> Sure about this? Usefulness of presence is very limited without this.
>
> Did we actually reach the point where reliability of the network with
> a high number of buddies/activities make this useful? What work is
> involved to get this working?

Gadget is a server side component for the jabber server that will
address the scalability issues by showing presence for only a subset
of those on the server. It will therefore allow many more on the
server at once.

There will be PS and mesh view changes required - see Guillaume's
recent mail(s) to sugar at .

While this is not related to reliability of simple mesh, it will
definitely improve reliability of collaboration via jabber server on
AP.

Regards
Morgan