[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Jun 3 05:20:50 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> The feature (and strings) freeze is approaching very quickly. We have
> 17 days left. Can we make a quick list of things that we need to get
> in by the 20 June?
>
> Let me start it. Priorities goes from 0 to 5.
>
> * Control panel (almost ready) - priority 5
> * New startup notification (has patch, has consensus?, needs to clean
> it up) - priority 4
> * Session. Can either create a sugar-session based on gnome-session or
> come up with something minimal. I tend to prefer the first option at
> the moment even if it will provide us some unneeded features. -
> priority 4
> * Browser bookmarks and autocompletion. - priority 3

I agree with all that. Do we have clear what needs to be done in the
last item? Eben, do you know?

Three more items I can think of:

* Switch from Matchbox to Metacity and activate composition (eToys and
Record have trouble with this).
* In-page search in Browse.
* Presence scalability when using Jabber (gadget).
* Improve the object chooser: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Object_Chooser

My current top priority is the last one.

I proposed journal object transfers to OLPC, but as I had no replies I
guess that their deployments are not asking for it very strongly.

Regards,

Tomeu