[sugar] Looking for Testers: Sugar Appliance

Bryan Kearney bkearney
Mon Jul 28 16:17:27 EDT 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> (Also posted to the fedora-olpc list)
>
> I have put together a sugar desktop appliance [1], but I am not very
> familiar with the sugar desktop in order to adequately test it. I am
> looking for anyone who is willing to take a few minutes and give it a
> spin. The directions for xen/kvm are:
>
> 1) Download [1]
> 2) Untar and unzip it
> 3) run virt-image sugar.xml
> 4) At the fedora login, select "Autologin"
>
> You are good to go. If you would like to build it yourself, you can get
> build this with the appliance creator [2] using the kickstart file [3].
>
> -- bk
>
> [1] http://sugar.s3.amazonaws.com/sugarAppliance.tar.gz
> [2] http://www.thincrust.net/tooling.html
> [3] http://sugar.s3.amazonaws.com/sugar.ks

It was brought to my attention that the appliance above violates the
Fedora Trademark guidelines since it mixes fedora and non-fedora (i.e
Sugar) packages.

I have uploaded a new version with the appropriate packages removed, and
references to Fedora removed as well [1]. The new kickstart file [2]
includes the rebranding logic.

-- bk