[sugar] Performance

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Sun Jul 27 02:49:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got word from a decision maker in Uruguay that they are very
> concerned about "performance". They say that Sugar is slow. I'm probing
> to get more details but I want to evaluate the options in parallel.

While I think people do have a few ideas as to what areas we are
hurting in, IME the end user / client is usually looking at something
_different_. I have worked a lot in performance around various
systems, and a good part of the problem had to do with the end users
looking at something completely different from what the core team was
looking at.

Can we get from the Uy crowd concrete examples, specific actions with
(however rough) timings and what use cases they affect?

> I'll come back with more details on their specific concerns as soon as I
> get it.

Yes please!

cheers,

martin