[sugar] From way out in right field Re: Congratulations! but Sugar sucks

Joel Rees joel_rees
Thu Jul 24 19:49:28 EDT 2008

On ?? 20/07/25, at 6:53, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

I'm not an active participant anywhere, just someone who wanted to
but has never had the time. And I hate to be the party pooper. But, ...

The keyword here is bloat. The source of the problem is the Sell. The
Sell is Bill Gates's patented (with lots of prior art) checkmate move.

When I ran out of time to monitor the list, you guys were still
warding off the Sell, but somewhere in the last half-year, you
succumbed. The only defense was to let those people that are deceived
by Microsoft's sell tactics alone, let them wake up and smell the
coffee when they do.

That defense was set aside somewhere around the time somebody said,
give the user su.

Features take storage space, and some features are deceptively simply
to spec and impossible to implement.

There is no defense now. The only way forward is to go un-sell. Strip
out the bloat and send someone around to apologize.

Joel Rees