[sugar] X error building Sugar Appliance

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Thu Jul 24 11:56:43 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build a raw disk appliance of the sugar desktop using the
> appliance tools at [1]. You can see the kickstart file which I am using
> [2] which is based off of one I found in the repo [3].

Awesome. I didn't know about the appliance tools but I was really
hoping for something like that when I worked on the livecd.

> I have run into an error when starting X, I get
>
> error setting MTRR Invalid Argument (22)
> error setting MTRR Function Not Implemented (38)
>
> After some google research, I have found that I echo
>
> echo "disable=0" > /proc/mtrr
>
> I can get a bit further. Couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is [3] the most current livecd kickstart file?

Yeah. We are near to a release so I didn't have much time to work on
the livecd lately. I would like to integrate your changes so that we
can use the same kickstart for both the livecd and the appliance.

> 2. Has anyone seen this error before?

Nope :( I don't think I run into it with the livecd...

Can you get sugar to start by disabling  /proc/mtrr? Or did you run
into more issues?

Thanks,
Marco