[sugar] Performance

Chris Ball cjb
Thu Jul 24 11:14:55 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,

   > Here are the areas I can think of: - Activity launch time I know we
   > had some threads on this but I don't know where we stand. Can I get
   > an update and an evaluation of what it will take to greatly improve
   > this?

The best thing we can do here is to free up someone to work on #7395:
we made huge gains in activity startup, and have lost them again with
the switch to Fedora 9, until someone can work on having Rainbow
launched from Upstart after X has launched.  Normally Michael would
work on this, but he's swamped.

It might be possible to get help with this via a call for help on the
new fedora-olpc list, if there's anyone there with Upstart knowledge.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>