[sugar] Autosave in 8.2.0?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sun Jul 20 15:27:25 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Am 17.07.2008 um 07:37 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
>
>> Am 17.07.2008 um 00:10 schrieb Tomeu Vizoso:
>>
>>> Marco has added a session manager to Sugar (in 8.2.0) that takes care
>>> of telling activities to save their work because the system is being
>>> shut down. Haven't verified if this is complete and working. Have
>>> you,
>>> Marco? If so, this would also take care of the case where kids shut
>>> down before closing all running activities first.
>>

>> How does this work from an activity's pov?
>>
>> - Bert -
>

> Thanks for not answering, and not updating the API doc, and me having
> to dig through Sugar patches to find out how this works.

Bert, you should know better than others how things are here. We
cannot manage to do the things we know that must be done, much less we
can do those properly. If I was in any regular job, I would limit
myself to do what I can, and do it right. Here we just cannot behave
like that.

You are right to be frustrated by this situation, but please don't ask
us to do more than what is in our hands. If you know anyone who would
like to join us in this craziness, please point them to
http://www.laptop.org/en/jobs.shtml .

Regards,

Tomeu