[sugar] creative commons and licensing in sugar (fwd)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh
Thu Jul 17 14:21:48 EDT 2008

After the #sugar-meeting tech discussion today, I filed
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7551 to ask Eben to finish the mock-up work
discussed here three months ago.

The general plan for this feature is in the minutes at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Meetings#Creative_commons_licensing_functionality_in_the_journal
.

-- Asheesh.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:23:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at creativecommons.org>
To: Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [sugar] creative commons and licensing in sugar
Website: http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-April/005119.html

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Eben Eliason wrote:

> I was not certain when/if this work would be merging with the Journal,
> and so it wasn't on my todo list until now.  I think we can find an
> unobtrusive way to integrate within the current design that requires
> changing very little (likely adding a button to a toolbar).  It would
> be really helpful to have some screenshots of their current ideas so
> that we can work them into the plan for the new Journal and think
> about the interactions we want to support.

That sounds great, and my apologies about my own late response.

> Could someone post some exemplary screens to the wiki page?

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/3529 has had three screenshots for 7 months
according to Trac.  I have uploaded two of them to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creative_Commons#Screenshots ; the third was
about choosing a default license, and now we have the vague feeling this
should be in the sugar Control Panel, about which I at least know very
little still.

I hope this helps.  I'm on the Sugar list, so continuing the discussion
there will keep me in the loop.

-- Asheesh.

--
HELP!  MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!