[sugar] Programming environments on the XO

Bobby Powers bobbypowers
Thu Jul 17 02:01:57 EDT 2008

Hello Martin -

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:54 AM, Martin Sevior <martines at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>          Marc Maurer has done 95% of the work required to do
> multi-programming language syntax highlighting in libabiword. The
> advantage of using libabiword is that you get collaboration for free. It
> is easy enough to embed this in your own canvas and hook up the controls
> you need or want, just as we've done for Write.

that sounds great!

> Marc is a bit of a perfectionist so I'm not sure how usable "95%" of the
> work is and whether it could be finished by simply using it and
> providing bug reports as needed would be.

Is this something the community could help with?  I know myself and
maybe another person or two who would be willing to help if it was
clear what else needed to be done.

yours,
Bobby