[sugar] proposed addition to the Activities page templete

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Wed Jul 16 16:20:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It is very same page I am talking about, but I had made a template
> that is used by that page (Scott is the most recent one to have edited
> the template) and that is where I'd suggest we add the field for
> collaboration (and as was suggested, Journal use). I'll take a first
> pass, but as was pointed out, we have a lot of testing to do to before
> we can say anything very meaningful regarding the scale of the
> collaborations possible.

This sounds like a nice thing to indicate, once we are comfortable enough
with the state of connectivity.

> In regard to the Journal, I thought we should indicate two bits of
> information: (1) does the activity record an entry in the Journal? and
> (2) does the activity put data objects into the Journal (as per
> Record, for example). Comments?

This seems too low-level to me.  Can we define a set of criteria for calling
an activity properly "sugarized", and slap a "sugarized" sticker (sweetness
guaranteed!) on those that are?  It should include the basics which all
activities are expected to have, like standard toolbars, journal
integration, drag'n'drop support, and maybe a few other things.  If
automation tools advance far enough, we might even be able to run activities
through that to verify these requirements.

(As a side note, point (2) about data objects will be made irrelevant when
the new Journal designs are integrated, so we definitely shouldn't expose
that.)

- Eben