[sugar] Feature/string freeze exception: uninstall activities from the shell

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed Jul 16 04:49:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
>> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah I think your vote would not count. You have mine though :)
>>
>> Seriously now, who should have submitted the request? I'm the guy who
>> coded it, but other people prompted me to do so. Would be someone from
>> the community who felt the need (Bryan Berry)? Or some one from OLPC
>> that thought this was needed (Greg Smith)? Or should be one from the
>> release team?
>
> I think you should have submitted the request. You wrote the patch and
> you know how risky it is.
> That's fine, two other members of the rt should have approved it.

Are you sure we should couple so much the feature exception to the
patch? I would have expected that an exception would be granted just
in base of the need for it and how much sense it makes to have that
feature in that release. Later, there would be a code review that
should take in account the time we have left for stabilizing and how
invasive is the patch.

Other projects do code review and exception granting at the same moment?

Regards,

Tomeu