[sugar] [Sugar] Browse extension/plugin structure

David Van Assche dvanassche
Tue Jul 15 03:42:46 EDT 2008

Well, we should try to keep the existing security in place and only
allow rpms to be installed (meaning the sugar team or olpc team would
have looked thoroughly through the source of the desired
extension/plugin.) Right now, the main reason this is happening is to
install google gears, which we desperately need to make offline Moodle
a reality. Making Browse installable via regular .xpi would probably
open up security holes, but since we are not doing that, I think
security should be allright. The email was really about what structure
to put in place for the components/extensions directories, as Browse
already (via XULrunner) allows for plugins. Or do you see it
differently?

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche