[sugar] SugarLabs and OLPC

David Farning dfarning
Sun Jul 13 13:55:45 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 12:15 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there has been a bit of confusion on how the OLPC and SugarLabs
> schedules relates, in particular regarding translation and string
> freeze.
>
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/localization/2008-July/001139.html
>
> I'm trying to think more in general about how to shape up the
> upstream/downstream relation. My goals are:

Marco,

All of your suggestions are good.

Instead of attempting make these decisions now, we should wait until
OLPC has shipped 8.2 to continue this discussion.  OLPC is busy trying
to meet a hard deadline for their 300,000 users that is quickly
approaching.

Michael Stone and Gregorio are make good progress setting up the release
process for OLPC at  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Process_Home .

thanks
dfarning