[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

Jim Gettys jg
Tue Jul 8 13:03:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 00:17 -0400, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> > Not everyone likes tabbed browsing.
>
> That may be true - but what if the user needs to reference two (or
> more) separate pages of information.  If while looking at one page
> he can't remember *exactly* what the other page said, he may want to
> switch between pages.  What are the alternatives to tabbed browsing?
>
> [To me, it is more logical to select a tab created under my control,
> than to select from the "previously-seen" list as presented by the
> Browse 'Back' button.  And to open several instances of the existing
> Activity seems wasteful.]

Patches gratefully accepted.  Note that due to memory usage, even tabs
have their limits (though it may be the recent improvements in Gecko
obviate this problem somewhat; it frees pixmap storage unused in finite
time).

Note the WebKit I would hope are now similarly motivated (competition is
a wonderful thing ;-)).
                      - Jim