[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Jul 8 04:52:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:

> The real question to me is whether there are size (memory & nand)
> disadvantages to Firefox.  Othewise it's just a practical problem of
> finding enough resources to implement a Firefox extension to match the
> current Browse functionality.

As always, the question stands as if OLPC should try to do better than
the current software offerings can do for its users, or if we should
just use what already exists. I'm more than happy to experiment with
WebKit, Firefox, etc I just hope that we make decisions based on
actual feedback from our actual users.

Also, we should try to think out of the box, instead of panicking and
resorting to all-or-nothing final solutions. One example: what if the
need underlying the request for tabs in Browse could be better
fulfilled by further improving the activity switching operation in
Sugar?

Regards,

Tomeu