[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

David Van Assche dvanassche
Tue Jul 8 04:32:58 EDT 2008

Hi,
   We (I) are indeed porting Gears to browse (the main reason being offline
Moodle), and I'd like to be informed if the standard browser for the XO
changes, so I know what else to port to, but for now, the majority of the
work has been done, and the source code allows for integration with a wide
variety of browsers (from konquerer and safari, to Opera and IE6) so using a
custom browser (as long as its based on XULRunner 1.8 or 1.9) is no problem.
There has also been some thought as to whether to make a plugins/extensions
capable attachment to browse (for now the plugins seems to work ok) that
would be compatible with FF3 extensions... but this has not been decided
yet. Documentation on all of this is not only lacking, its non existent on
the web too... I'll try to remedy some of this, after the plugin has been
implemented... for future projects with similar goals...

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche