[sugar] free disc space in journal

Martin Dengler martin
Sun Feb 24 19:02:46 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:57:14AM -0500, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:43:21 +0100, Christoph Derndorfer wrote
> > Hey,
> >
> > I just ran into ticket #6354 ("Record activity -- how full is too
> > full?" at https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6354) on my XO and now I was
> > wondering whether there are any plans to integrate a way of letting
> > the users know how much disc space is still available into the
> > Journal. Using MB values probably doesn't make sense but some kind
> > of colour-coding system could be used...
> >
> > I'm thinking this is also an interesting issue wrt cjb's
> > "Disconnected backups" project.
>
> we are going to add very soon a progress bar to the journal icon's palette in
> the shell.
>
> Any other suggestion where to show this information?

I guess you're showing something like the progress bar in the journal
frame, too?

Some random suggestions (too off the wall, probably):
- fill the appropriate percent of the journal's pie slice background
- separate gas [petrol] gauge in the Home view, if it's important
and actionable enough
- fill up the inside of the Home pie (where the XO's icon is)

> Tomeu

Martin