[sugar] Distribute activity

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Feb 19 04:00:17 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 22:37 -0500, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> In light of the many requests for a way to distribute arbitrary Journal entries,
> I am writing an activity tentatively named "Distribute".  This activity is
> little more than the HTTP server code from the Read activity, made more generic.

Cool.

> Distribute should be able to open _all_ journal entries.  Therefore, I would
> like to associate it with all mime types.  How can I do this, with activity.info
> or mimetypes.xml?

What do you mean by "open"? You want Distribute to appear as an activity
able to start with all journal entries? I don't see a way of doing this
without hacking the journal (could be a simple hack, though).

Another possibility would be for the user to start Distribute as a blank
activity, and then choose the object to share with the ObjectChooser
component.

Some other people were interested in working on something similar (me
included), should we try to join our efforts? I remember SJ, Mako,
Michael, Scott and Chris showed interest at some point.

Regards,

Tomeu