[sugar] Files modified on USB drive

Bert Freudenberg bert
Tue Feb 5 06:34:40 EST 2008

When I put a photo on a flash drive, insert that into the XO and open
the photo in Paint and close, then the file on the flash drive gets
modified. I'd have expected the modified version to be put in the
Journal instead - this is how activity installation works, for
example. And when I unmount the USB drive before closing Paint, the
modified image actually vanishes without a hint (not even an error in
any log AFAICT).

This is in a fairly recent joyride (1618). Bug or feature?

- Bert -