[Sugar-devel] Replacing Presence Service - prerequisites

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Tue Dec 30 07:47:07 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 01:08:51PM +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> Hi Guillaume
>
> When you mentioned replacing Presence Service with Mission Control
> (and other things) I can't remember if you said we would have to wait
> for MC5 with its improved D-Bus API. I saw mention on #telepathy that
> MC5 is probably GNOME 2.28 material.

That's slightly quoted out of context. Mission control as such isn't a GNOME
program, but is used by Empathy, which is. Porting empathy to MC5 is definately
G2.28 material, as we already have more then enough new stuff that needs to
mature and be polished for G2.26... And given that the G2.26 UI freeze is in
about a month, we've got more then enough work to do :)

Those statements say exactly nothing about the roadmap of MC5 though... MC5 is
developed completely independantly and should get a lot more mature in the
coming months. I'd expect Sugar to be able to start using it for development
pretty early in the new year.

> So what I'm asking is how far off the replacement of PS is likely to
> be (assuming that any of us are available to do the work then).

I'll leave this one up to Guillame to answer

  Sjoerd
--
We are sorry.  We cannot complete your call as dialed.  Please check
the number and dial again or ask your operator for assistance.

This is a recording.