[Sugar-devel] question from wellington testers

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg at sugarlabs.org
Sat Dec 20 02:27:05 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha.roder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> We would like to know what the friends view is for. We have used
> neighbourhood view to join each others activities - we have about a dozen
> XOs - but cant do this from friends view - dont know if it is a bug or not
> meant to.

Hello Tabitha and wellington testers!

The usefulness of the friends group is currently very limited (if
any). The HIG explains a bit what it's supposed to be like when
implementation is completed:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/Zoom_Metaphor#Groups

The activity under each XO in the friends view, is the one they are
currently using. Clicking on it should perhaps join the activity (not
implemented), I'm ccing Eben to confirm that.

Thanks!
Marco