[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.84 Feature Freeze

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:40:17 EST 2008

Hi Simon,

I looked at the schedule. Its helpful but I'm not sure I fully
understand all the milestones.

What is the definition of "final release"?

Once the feature set is frozen, how do I know what is in the release? Is
that the list of Trac IDs in 0.83.1 release notes? (btw the bug ID URLs
on that page link to the wrong Trac system).

Also, are all XO relevant bugs tracked in the OLPC Trac bug system:
(dev.laptop.org)?

Are you joining our weekly 9.1.0 meeting (Wed. at 2PM US ET IRC on
freenode.net #olpc-meeting)?

I don't have it on the schedule for this week but I think we should put
a "synch up with Sugar schedule" discussion on the agenda ASAP.

Stability is a top priority for XO users. The only way I know of to
improve stability is lots of testing time and focus on bug fixes. We
need to get that scheduled soon if we want a new sugar release in XO
Software Release 9.1.0 in March.

My impression is that we made a big step forward on improving stability
in 8.2.0. I hope we can do it again.

Thanks,

Greg S