[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [Activities] New activity: Retroscope

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Fri Dec 12 12:59:34 EST 2008

Hi Gabriel,
I haven't had a chance to fully try this as I don't have a real XO, but
spun it up on an emulated session without V4L support. Here's a suggestion
for a feature.

At the Vancouver aquarium they have a video camera on a tank of starfish
which records the last 8 hours or so. There is a little wheel which you
can turn to change the portion of video you were watching. The faster you
spin the wheel the faster the starfish moved.

You can probably tell I found this rather fun.... ;-)

Given that the XO has a limitation on storage you probably couldn't record
8 hours (on external disk/SDCard maybe), but being able to change playback
speed and direction could be fun. Maybe control of forward/backward speed
could be via the touchpad.

Cheers,
Simon.