[Sugar-devel] git.sugarlabs.org problem

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Dec 12 08:09:13 EST 2008

[cc += osl]

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> the public and http clone urls are *not* working. For example try:
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline
>
> This is a blocker to make those official repos, obviously.

I had a quick look myself: it seems gitorious contains the assumption
that the webapp runs from "foobar.org", and git trees are at
"git.foobar.org", which is how the main gitorious site is configured,
 This also explains why we see urls like git.git.sugarlabs.org.

We can't do that, but we could do source.sugarlabs.org or
src.sugarlabs.org for the application.

Alternatively, we could change the code to look for the repositories
in http://git.sugarlabs.org/git/ .

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/