[Sugar-devel] Cairo performance (was Re: SVG performance)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Dec 9 03:45:38 EST 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> I would like to see someone try getting in touch with Carl Worth
>> (www.cworth.org) and ask him to look at Cairo performance on an XO.  I've
>> tried contacting him in the past but not gotten a response.  It might be
>> that we need to switch to an integer-only version, enable some optimization
>> flags, or something similarly simple.

Also, our poor results with svg rendering were on an a regular laptop
with an Athlon 64 CPU.

> Carl is in #sugar these days, you might want to give another try :)

Carl likes to discuss about hard numbers and reproducible benchmarks.
 So be prepared to show enough evidence backing your claims :-)

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/