[Sugar-devel] SVG performance

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Dec 9 02:23:14 EST 2008

Jim Gettys wrote:
> IIRC, librsvg is it.
>
> A bit more profiling to get through the tangled web of dependencies is
> probably in order.

To exclude the noise coming from  Python and GDK, I tried timing again
with the command-line tool rsvg:

  for i in *.svg; do echo $i; time rsvg $i $i.png; done

This way I could not find any problematic svg file within the
turtleart repository.  The slowest ones render in <0.1 seconds.

But this is also a different machine with a different distro.
Walter, could you please make the problematic svg files available
somewhere, along with your timing of "rsvg foo.svg foo.png"?

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/