[Sugar-devel] Summer of Code

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Dec 8 10:53:39 EST 2008

Thanks, Marco! This email is to both marketing and sugar-devel, to mark
the transition of the Sugar Labs Summer of Code effort from a marketing
project to a devel one. Future message on SoC will go to sugar-devel.
I've edited http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam#Project_Ideas and
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code to reflect this and link to each
other.

For those interested: we're still in the very early stages, so this is a
back-burner project (not high-priority at all right now), but if anyone
has ideas for SoC-type projects or offers to help organize, see
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code and leave your project ideas at
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/ProjectIdeas.

It will be quiet on this for a while. I'll reping people about this
briefly at FUDCon next month; activity will step up for SoC around
mid-Feb when mentor organization applications open at Google. We'll
begin to look for mentors and students at that time as well. Regardless
of our eventual SoC funding status with Google, SL should be running
this kind of mentorship/medium-scale-project effort (and I've committed
to making sure of that), so any work that goes into this *will* be used
during summer '09.

--Mel