[Sugar-devel] Question about installing an activity on XO laptop

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Sun Dec 7 03:54:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Heang EANG <eheang at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am an international student from Cambodia. Recently, I have been working
> on an activity which I called "Five in a Row" for the XO laptop. I am new to
> Python, so the codes look pretty simple and are not perfect yet. I know I
> could have built the activity in PyGame. Anyway, I use PyGTK to work on this
> project. However, I am running into a program when trying to install my
> activity on the XO laptop. I believe there are three important files needed
> for the installation of the activity, including activity.info, setup.py,
> and the activity.py files. I am not sure if I code something wrong in any of
> those files; however, after installing it, when I try to run the activity,
> it never loads the activity up, and it keeps saying "starting", but nothing
> comes up. Could anyone please take some time to look at my codes below and
> give me some ideas. I would appreciate it very much. Here are my codes:
>
> [fiveinarowActivity.py] is attached with this email.
> [setup.py]:
>
> from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder
> bundlebuilder.start('fiveinarowActivity')
>
> [activity.info]:
> [Activity]
> name = fiveinarowActivity
> bundle_id = org.laptop.fiveinarowActivity
> class = fiveinarowActivity.fiveinarowActivity
> icon = activity-fiveinarow
> activity_version = 1
> host_version = 1
> show_launcher = yes
>
> Thank you all very much,
>
> Heang Sok,

It would help if you could post the log. It would be in the form of
~/.sugar/default/logs/org.laptop.fiveinarowActivity-1.log (or something like
this)
Or if you have  the Log viewer Activity  you can post your log from there
too

Try to get this log after your attempt to start the Activity fails.

regards
Arjun