[Sugar-devel] Collaboration Goals (was [sugar] XO identity shared via Browse)

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:36:18 EST 2008

Hi Robert et al,

We really appreciate your staying engaged with the project and we still
need your help along with that of Guillaume!

Thanks a lot for sticking with us, despite the often acerbic nature of
the lists :-(

There are many moving parts and lots of difficult problems here. I don't
know how to solve them all. I thought we were making some constructive
progress on another thread recently.

We have one more shot to make this area a lot better for 9.1.0. Let's
have at it one more time and give it our best effort for the kids benefit.

They think its magical and inspiring when it works:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-sur/2008-May/000118.html

I wrote the requirements here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Synchronous_Collaboration

Please let me know if any of that is not clear. Then let's get a
specification together which explains all the work we can/should do to
meet those requirements and track it there. Any updates, comments or
edits to the requirements are welcome.

Since many different groups need to work together, I encourage everyone
to document their plans in the same place.

We're close. I think we improved the scale in 8.2. If the XOs could
reliably see each other in the Neighborhood we would have the main
feature set in place.

Hang in there! Its time for one more round of bug scrubbing and hard
work to reap the benefits of long years reading the dreary e-mail lists :-)

Thanks,

Greg S