[Sugar-devel] [sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 4 18:28:27 EST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:09 AM, Martin Dengler wrote:
> Because it's hard to distinguish gratuitous/personal attacks from a
> tough-love

I gave a concrete suggestion about a particular use case (XO/XS
authentication) -- namely, to stay the hell away from a hard
dependency on a stack that's been, without any doubt or question,
extremely problematic to get to work even for its very basic purpose.
I don't see how this is either gratuitous or personal.

> I would love to see the reponse if someone from sugarlabs were to send
> an email saying "Bitfrost has a long, colourful history of being
> fucking ineffective and its implementation has a number of holes

You're confusing Bitfrost and Rainbow. I spent almost no time on the
latter, and not by choice; how my time was allocated for a good chunk
of my OLPC tenure agitated me greatly and was no small element in my
decision to depart, which is entirely off-topic for the present
discussion.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org