[Sugar-devel] [sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Dec 4 18:09:56 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 11:55:32PM +0100, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2008, at 11:34 PM, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > I really don't think these kind of comments are productive for anyone.
>
> How not? You just wrote a long e-mail explaining *why* things are
> fucked, not in the least disputing my claim that they are, indeed,
> fucked.

Because it's hard to distinguish gratuitous/personal attacks from a
tough-love "fuck, your shit sucks [let's make it better]" type of
email.  Usually you get a "screw you for dismissing [specific issues
you clearly don't understand], now never hope for help again",
response, which I suspect just happened.

I would love to see the reponse if someone from sugarlabs were to send
an email saying "Bitfrost has a long, colourful history of being
fucking ineffective and its implementation has a number of holes so
wide you could drive a deployment-full of XOs through it, so I suggest
you never say 'what great security you have' until Rainbow reaches the
maturity of DCE 20 years ago.".  I suspect it'd be massive silence
since nobody cared about it.[1]

> Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org

Martin

1. Though I doubt anyone from sugarlabs would be so rude.