[sugar] Release Cycle - Responsibilities

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sat Aug 30 19:46:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:47 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> 5.  Separate OLPC deployment support developers from the Sugar Labs
> development develops.  In the last cycle it appeared that developers and
> managers split their time between support and developments.  As a
> result, no one was able to gain much momentum on either goal.

I agree that it would be optimal and that it's currently a big stopper
for the new development. But what's the solution? The OLPC Sugar team
(3 full time developers) is too small to be able to split it up
between support and development.

> 6.  Split the Sugar mailing list into .laptop and .sugarlabs hosts.
> Splitting the list will help us split our focus into the
> stability/support mindset required by the OLPC release manager and the
> innovation/development mindset of Sugar Labs.

Agreed.

Marco