[sugar] Please help test our new 8.2.0 Alpha release candidate, 8.2-757!

Michael Stone michael
Wed Aug 27 22:07:38 EDT 2008

We are thrilled to announce our zeroth (Alpha) 8.2 release candidate,
8.2-757, valid until Wednesday, September 3.

Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at

     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

while we still have time to fix issues you might find!

Next, since we'd love to start generating per-activity release notes
this week, please help us determine:

   "Are there any caveats about running Activity ____ (perhaps alongside
   or Activities ____ and ____ or in Language ____) that everyone should
   know?"

Currently known issues are recorded at:

     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_8.2-757

New issues should be filed in our bug-tracking system (dev.laptop.org)
according to

     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Submitting_bugs

or by notifying us by other means.

Thanks!

Michael

P.S. - Our systematic testing effort is slightly closer to "ready for
primetime" and is now described by a summary page at

     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Systematic_testing

which links to everything important. In short, if you're feeling
especially brave this weekend, improving this page with a full-blown
walk-through would be a great way to chip in.