[sugar] how can communications mode be manually controlled ?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Tue Aug 26 00:48:02 EDT 2008

Recently there has been extensive discussion of this on trac, on
sugar, and on devel.  What I have gathered from that discussion:

  1) To turn OFF both communication with the mesh and communication
      with the AP, use the control panel.

     But the control panel only has a checkbox for 'radio' - what if
      I want to turn OFF both mesh and a *wired* AP ?

  2) To turn off mesh, click on wireless AP; to turn off wireless AP,
      click on mesh (assuming no obstacles caused by bugs).

     But will the indicated communications mode persist, or will
      Network Manager soon switch back (e.g., if there is no AP) ?

mikus