[sugar] Landing patches about the network devices UI

Kimberley Quirk kim
Mon Aug 25 11:27:32 EDT 2008

I don't agree with adding #4 at this time (changing how/where we see
the mesh icons). One of the many work-arounds that we have been
telling people in field is that they may need to choose mesh ch 6 or
11 if they want a small group to collaborate in a school setting
without any other infrastructure. If the mesh icon doesn't show up in
the neighborhood view, that will be a problem.

I'd like to see this UI change well before it is implemented. Is there
a url, Eben?

I'm less concerned about 1 and 3 because they don't seem invasive from
the one line summary... if they get in this week as polish that would
be ok. I don't know the depth of 5 or 2... and I'm most worried about 4.

If all these fixes come in one patch, then I would ask that we do NOT
take this patch. If we can pick and choose from this list to get some
polish things into 8.2, then let's pick a few based on the invasiveness.

Thanks,
Kim