[sugar] 0.84 goals

Gary C Martin gary
Thu Aug 14 17:44:32 EDT 2008

On 14 Aug 2008, at 22:08, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> Here is what I have so far.
>
> * Next generation journal
> * File sharing
> * Collaboration scalability
> * Responsive UI
> * Stable activities API
> * Official Sugar LiveCD
> * Compatibility with desktop applications

Well regarding that last one, my experiences with the latest Firefoxs
in Joyride on a real XO, have been horrific to say the least, system
lockups, UI so slow it took 5min+ to show the frame, not able to quit
(usually have to hard power off). So I'd rather folks focus on elegant
and needed sugar activities, that are designed for the environment and
audience, rather than some hard core, geek hacker driven, Linux
workstation.

> * Quality and reliability

--- snip ---

> I know it's very vague for now. But if something is obvious missing
> please let me know or edit directly.

I'm not sure where this one goes, but I'd love to see the home views
activity icons and palettes represent the latest N journal entries for
said activities. I think this will be a great way to leverage the
Journal benefits by reducing new activity cruft, encouraging folks to
resume using the home views:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Activity_management-07.jpeg

--Gary