[sugar] letting the user specify the mesh channel

Eduardo H Silva hoboprimate
Thu Aug 14 06:26:59 EDT 2008

I like a lot the mockup
http://dev.laptop.org/~mdengler/6995/6995_screenshot_45.png ... I would just
add one more sugestion. Include on the primary palette as a secondary title
the word "Connected". You may think that the coloring of the mesh icon makes
it clear it is connected, but i think it is important to be plan ahead for
all potential users of Sugar, like those who are blind (use some kind of
text-to-speech interface), color-blind, or even just poor eye-sighted
people.

There is also a ticket around about the lack of information on the stages of
connecting to a network. This could be done as a palette for the network
icon which would only appear on-mouse-hover and during the period it is
connecting. Users diagnosticating or curious about the connection process
could easily see it, while others will be just happy with the blinking icon
information.

Eduardo