[sugar] Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2263!

Kevin Cole kevin.cole
Sun Aug 10 16:37:50 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> We are thrilled to announce a new test build, joyride-2230, valid until
> Wednesday, August 13.
>
> Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing
>
> while we still have time to fix issues you might find!

I'll look at the bug reports but since others here have gotten
further, I thought I'd ask:

I decided to try the clean-install.  It took me a few tries to figure
out I needed to put my developer key back where it belonged if I
wanted to boot without the USB drive.

The problem: Each time I start the software update to get my
activities, it quickly goes out and finds a list, and asks me if I
want to update them.  I tell it to install/upgrade them all.  It says
"Downloading" but the progress bar never progresses, and it appears to
be doing a whole lot of nothing.  (This is regardless of whether I'm
using wireless or wired.)  ifconfig indicates I'm connected, with the
expected IP address, and I see a lot of flashing of network and disk
activity but after an hour, no progress.