[sugar] letting the user specify the mesh channel

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Thu Aug 7 08:25:15 EDT 2008

A question for Eben:

G1G1.  I've seen a large number of establishments provide an AP on
channel 1.  (Some on channel 6 - but rarely on channel 11.)

This may be an incorrect observation, but it seems to me that, to
date, my XO is slow to discriminate between a "peer mesh" existing
on channel 1, versus "commercial wifi" occupying channel 1.

The bypass I (and others) have used is to go to Neighborhood view,
and manually click on the 'mesh 11' icon.  Once our various XOs are
"meshed" on channel 11, their further interaction appears to be free
from "interference" from whatever channel 1 is being used for.

My question concerns the 'New Design', where the mesh icons are
removed from the Neighborhood view.  Will the user still (now using
the Frame) be able to choose to specifically "mesh" on channel 11 ?

mikus